History of Mathematics and Science: Colleagues and Friends
Islamic science links
- www.albiruni.nl, my website on Al-Biruni.
- Introductory website on science in Islamic Civilization (Hüseyin Sen)
- Huseyin Sen's website
- https://ibnhaytham.wordpress.com/ website on Ibn al-Haytham by Hüseyin Sen<
- Astrolabe website (in Turkish) by Hüseyin Sen<
- Commission on History of
Science and Technology in Islamic Societies
for the History of Arabic-Islamic Science (Frankfurt)
David King's Catalogue of Medieval Astronomical Instruments until ca. 1500
- David King's bibliography on Islamic astronomy in the ninth and tenth centuries
- Benno van Dalen
- Oriental Collections at the Library of the University of Leiden (Dutch)
(an aspect of Islamic architecture and mathematics)
- SCIAMVS: a new
journal in history of exact sciences before A.D. 1600.
on Islamic Mathematics by Jeff Oaks.
- House of Mathematics (Esfahan, Iran)
- Astronomical Research Center (Qom, Iran)
- Shrine of Shaykh Ni'matullah Wali, Mahan, Iran
of Umar Khayyam (a well-known medieval Islamic mathematician)
- Facsimile of an Arabic manuscript on arithmetic from 1193 AD.
- Klokkenmuseum in Asten (N.Br.) (Dutch)
- Omar Khayyam Genootschap (Dutch)
- Islamic Scientific Manuscripts Initiative (Dr. Jamil Ragep)
- Astrolabes in Oxford
- Taqi al-Din ibn Ma`ruf, website by Hüseyin Sen.
- www.hamsi.org.nz, website of the History of Astronomy and Mathematics in
India working group, based in New Zealand
- hssa.sayahna.org, (Open Access) ournal on History of Science in South Asia.
- Mocro-science, a website by Younes el-Yandouzi on workshops using scientific
instruments made in Morocco in or before the 17th century
Miscellaneous scientific links